Alexander Davis-Pegis, cellist, is from Plano, TX. He began his cello studies at the age of four with his mother, Donna Davis. As a member of the Greater Dallas Youth Orchestra he toured China. He was a grand prize winner of the Collin County Young Artist Competition and performed with the Plano Symphony Orchestra.
He studied music at the Suzuki Institute of Dallas playing in the advanced ensemble that performed in Spain in 2015. An avid chamber musician, he has attended the Chautauqua, Sound Encounters, Lonestar Young Artist, Heartland Chamber Music, and Colorado College Music Festival.
Alex is attending the Eastman School of Music in Rochester, NY where he studies cello performance with Alan Harris. In addition to playing the cello, he enjoys playing the piano, riding his bike, and being outdoors.
Meet Sai Sai
When he was 4 years old, he started playing the piano and wanted to become a conductor some day.
- He has played the cello for 9 years and studies with Ko Iwasaki.
- He attends McKinney High School.
- He was born in Shanghai and moved to the Dallas area in 2012.
- He won his first competition in Bejing at the age of 8!
- He practices 5 hours daily during the week and 9 hours on weekends!
Cello remains her true passion, and her long line of cellos are among her closest friends.
- She started playing cello at 18 months old and called it her “lo-lo.”
- She names her cellos. So far there has been Maggie, Morris, Alexander, Jean-Claude, Max, Anton and Theodore Cornelius “Teddy.” As kids grow they need a larger sized cello every year or so until they finally play a full sized one like an adult!
- She attends All Saints Catholic School and plays in her school orchestra.
- She is the youngest member of the cello section of the Greater Dallas Youth Orchestra.
- She was a Grand Prize Winner in the Collin County Young Artist Competition in 2014 at age 11!
As a Young Virtuoso, Reid has enjoyed performing and speaking at various PISD elementary schools over the past two years as part of the Plano Symphony Orchestra outreach program.
- He has studied piano for nearly eight years with Dr. Jiyun Yoo.
- He practices piano 2 hours each day.
- He enjoys playing tennis and was recently ranked in the top quartile of all super champ 12-year olds in the state of Texas by United States Tennis Association.
- He was a Grand Prize Winner in the Collin County Young Artist Competition in 2013.
- He was choir class president at his middle school last year and won 2nd place in the science fair.